- Book Title: Nantucket Gardens and Houses
- Author: Virginia Scott Heard. Taylor Lewis.
- ISBN: 0316523348
- Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
- Year Published: 1990
- Our Normal Price: £33.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £29.70 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Little, Brown and Company 1990: red cloth hardback with white lettering to spine in dust jacket : approximately 10.75 by 10.2 inches tall: 200 colour illustrations throughout, many full-page. Synopsis: High quality coloured photographic illustration accompanied by text describing the island of Nantucket; 22 miles off the coast of Cape Cod, 14 miles long and 3 1/2 miles wide. Purchased by Thomas Mayhew from the Earl of Stirling in 1642, 9/10 of the island was sold on to nine settlers, among them those named Starbuck, Macey, Coleman, Barnard, Coffin, Greenleaf, and Swain; half shares were sold on further to craftsmen including the Fulgers, the Gardners, and the Worths: family names which remain on the island to day. Good quality coloured plates illustrate the elegant interiors and colourful gardens of today's Nantucket. Contents -Introduction. In Town. To the West (Dionis , Hummock Potton, Maxcy's pond). To the East (Monomoy, Polpis, Quidnet, Shawkemo,Surfside. Siasconset. Sources. Condition: Upper corner of front dust jacket flap removed: price intact: minute repair to upper back edge dust jacket: gift inscription: overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Nantucket Gardens and Houses by Virginia Scott Heard. Taylor Lewis.. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Nantucket Gardens and Houses by Virginia Scott Heard. Taylor Lewis..
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.