- Book Title: Lost Lion of Empire
- Author: Edward Paice
- ISBN: 0002570033
- Publisher: Harper Collins
- Year Published: 2001
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Harper Collins 2001, black hardcover with silver lettering to spine: decorative dust jacket: approximately 6.25 x 9.5 inches tall: 470 pages including index: black and white photographic illustrations: maps to endpapers. Synopsis: A detailed biography of the colourful and controversial pioneering Kenyan settler, Ewart Grogan (born of Irish lineage in 1874 ): the first man to cross the African Continent from South to North in 1900; the founder of Kenya's timber industry; and the builder of Mombasa's deep water port, East Africa's finest hotel, and East Africa's first Children's Hospital. Acknowledged as leader by fellow pioneers, named bwana chui ( the Leopard) by the Africans; and with a colourful personal life and brilliant business career, Grogan undertook countless initiatives to prove East Africa's economic viability, overcoming all natural, governmental, and financial obstacles. CONDITION: Price corner removed: overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Lost Lion of Empire by Edward Paice. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Lost Lion of Empire by Edward Paice.
We have many other books in our Biography section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Biography category.