Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
History / History- Social & Commercial. / War Games Through the Ages Vol. 1 3000 BC - 1500 AD by Donald Featherstone
Wednesday, March 03, 2021
- Book Title: War Games Through the Ages Vol. 1 3000 BC - 1500 AD
- Author: Donald Featherstone
- ISBN: 0091102405
- Publisher: Stanley Paul
- Year Published: 1975
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Stanley Paul 1975, second impression of the first edition published March 1972; hardcover in dust jacket; 304 pages including index; black and white photographic illustrations, tables, diagrams, and line drawings. Synopsis: A volume of information enabling the wargamer to build up armies of the ancient and mediaeval periods. A description of each period of warfare contains details of the soldiers themselves, their dress, arms and equipment; their leaders, tactics, and style of fighting.Lists of major wars and battles, with respective commanders are provided. Each section of the book detais the technique and style of fighting of various nations: with suggestions how this can best be simulated on a tabletop battlefield . After an introduction covering wargaming in the Ancient and Mediaeval period, with fighting assessments, the commanders involved, the alternative moves and orders, the book covers the following periods: --. The Sumerians and the beginnings of war. The ancient Egyptians. The Assyrians. The Persians. The Greeks. The Macedonians. The Romans. The Carthaginians. The Roman Civil War, 50 -- 44 BC. The Gauls. The Germans. The Goths. The Britons. The cavalry armies. The Huns. The Mongols. The Saxons. The Vikings. The Normans. The Byzantines . The Chinese. The Franks. The Japanese. The Indians. The Crusaders. The Saracens. The Ottoman Turks. The Swiss. The Hundred years War. The mercenaries. Appendices include the availability of wargame figures, pictorial sources for ancient and mediaeval troops, suggested reading, relevant articles in magazines and journals, general notes on weapons, The Wargames Research Group's ancient and mediaeval rules. Condition: very clean and good overall
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as War Games Through the Ages Vol. 1 3000 BC - 1500 AD by Donald Featherstone. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for War Games Through the Ages Vol. 1 3000 BC - 1500 AD by Donald Featherstone.
We have many other books in our History- Social & Commercial. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History- Social & Commercial. category.