- Book Title: Spanish Lessons: Beginning a New Life in Spain
- Author: Lambert, Derek
- ISBN: 0091879248
- Publisher: Ebury Press
- Year Published: April 5, 2001
- Our Normal Price: £4.04 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £3.64 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Amazon.co.uk Review: Anyone yearning for a house in the country--another country--will be reassured it can be done with Derek Lamberts engaging tale of his new life in Spain. Reassured, yet likely unconvinced that a rundown property with no running water, access or much of a roof is anybodys idea of a holiday home. Thats just the point of Lamberts book: his goal was a life, not a get-away. In the fading light, the house looked more apologetic than prepossessing. And yet it beckoned as though it contained small mysteries that might one day become familiar to us, he says as he scrambles over a stone fence to peer into the window of the house in a remote region of Andalusia. Indeed, the mysteries of plumbing, builders and a river with no bridge--and how one pays for such things--unfold slowly and then pick up speed and character as the story progresses. : : This book has more of a sense of plot than many of this genre, leading to the decision whether to stay or leave, one familiar to anyone who has decided to live abroad. Lambert does not have the writing style that Frances Mayes brings to Under the Tuscan Sun nor the consistent humour of his Andalusia neighbour Chris Stewart in Driving over Lemons. However, he offers an important sense that he and his family are willing parties to the plot he weaves. That combined with Spanish lessons on the building trades and the ability to shear sheep makes Lamberts book a pleasant guide for setting up not just a house, but a home, in rural Spain. --Kathleen Buckley --This text refers to the Paperback edition. : : Synopsis: After a long career as a jet-setting journalist, Derek Lambert decided to settle with his family in a white casita, on Spains Mediterranean Costa Blanca. Lambert introduces us to the real Spain - a nation of passionate and often contradictory people - as he adapts to his new found home.Comments: clean and good
. Format: Paperback. Pages: 258.
- Condition: Used- Very Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Spanish Lessons: Beginning a New Life in Spain by Lambert, Derek. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Spanish Lessons: Beginning a New Life in Spain by Lambert, Derek.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.