- Book Title: Robbie Williams: Somebody Someday
- Author: Williams, Robbie
- ISBN: 0091881196
- Publisher: Ebury Press
- Year Published: September 13, 2001
- Our Normal Price: £8.66 GBP ($11.69 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £6.76 GBP ($9.12 USD)
- Description: Amazon.co.uk Review: Robbie Williamss Somebody Someday takes fans behind the scenes of his 2001 tour, laying bare both the mechanics of the pop machine and a man who can undoubtedly claim to be one of the biggest stars in the business. Williams rose from the ashes of teeny boy band Take That, confounding critics who had housewives favourite Gary Barlow down as the only member with a musical future. Robbie had a shaky start to his solo outing but the massive hit Angels sealed his position as Britains Clown Prince of Pop. His 2001 Tour was the pinnacle of his career so far and writer Mark McCrum had unprecedented access. The result is not simply a diary of the energy and vibrancy of live performance and the backstage madness that helps keep the show going, but of a rather vulnerable and sensitive pop star who loves what he does. Robbie talks candidly about himself, revealing a far more mature individual than the egotistical womaniser image perpetrated by the tabloids. The photographs by Scarlet Page are wonderfully unintrusive but at the same time capture many sides of Robbie that are rarely caught on film. Yes, there is Robbie pulling his pants down (again) and weeing against a fence, but we also see Robbie relaxing in his hotel room, strumming away on his guitar and kicking a football about by himself in a stadium corridor. Its a far cry from the bright lights and over-the-top personality he lets emerge on stage. Robbie fans would buy this whatever the quality, but its a genuinely well-written and enjoyable journey through a few whirlwind months of a true star. In one of his earlier hits Robbie sang Let me Entertain You--from the talent and star quality than shines through here, he shouldnt even need to ask. --Jonathan Weir : : The Mirror: Its about reflections on love, life and the universe. Its sophisticated stuff... Youll find plenty to chew on here. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.Comments: pristine as new- immediate dispatch
. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 250.
- Condition: New
- Dustcover: See Above
- Binding: See Above
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Robbie Williams: Somebody Someday by Williams, Robbie. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Robbie Williams: Somebody Someday by Williams, Robbie.
We have many other books in our section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.