Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Engineering & Technology / Sailing and Ships / The Rise and Fall of British Naval Mastery by Paul M. Kennedy
Thursday, January 20, 2022
- Book Title: The Rise and Fall of British Naval Mastery
- Author: Paul M. Kennedy
- ISBN: 0141011556
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Year Published: 25 March, 2001
- Our Normal Price: £15.95 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.36 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Penguin Books, 2001 paperback: 405 pages including index: black and white tables and maps. Synopsis: a detailed survey of the history of British Sea Power from the Tudor period to the present day. An in-depth study seeking to describe and analyse the reasons for the rise and fall of Great Britain as the predominant maritime nation. Contents: -- Introduction: the Elements of Sea Power. Chapter 1: The Early Years of the English Sea Power (-1603). Chapter 2: the Stuart Navy And the Wars with the Dutch (1603 - 88). Chapter 3: The Struggle against France and Spain (1689 - 1756). Chapter 4: Triumph and Check (1756 - 93) Chapter 5: The Struggle against France Renewed (1793 - 1815. Chapter 6: Pax Britannica (1815 - 59) Chapter 7: Mahan versus Mackinder (1859 - 97) Chapter 8: The end of Pax Britannica (1897 - 1914) Chapter 9 : Stalemate and Strain (1914 - 18) Chapter 10: The Years of Decay (1919 - 39). Chapter 11: The Illusory Victory (1939 - 85). Chapter 12: The End of the Road: British Sea Power in the Post-War World. Condition: very clean and good/almost as new.
- Condition: Used- Like New
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Rise and Fall of British Naval Mastery by Paul M. Kennedy. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Rise and Fall of British Naval Mastery by Paul M. Kennedy.
We have many other books in our Sailing and Ships section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Sailing and Ships category.