Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Literature & Fiction / Literature- Short Stories & Essays / The Oxford Library of Classic English Short Stories by Davin, Dan
Thursday, January 20, 2022
- Book Title: The Oxford Library of Classic English Short Stories
- Author: Davin, Dan
- ISBN: 0192826905
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Year Published: August 1989
- Our Normal Price: £16.17 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.55 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Book Description: These two volumes contain the collections already successfully published as four paperback volumes: The Dragons Head, The Killing Bottle, Charmed Lives, and The Green Man Revisited. The stories cover a wide range of human experience, comic and tragic, strange and everyday, life on both sides of the tracks; in styles of writing they are equally varied. : : The selection begins with stories written in the period immediately before the first World War, and ends with stories from the mid 1970s. Some of the best known authors whose work is represented here include H.G.Wells, M.R.James, Saki, Dorothy L.Sayers, Somerset Maugham, Evelyn Waugh, Dylan Thomas, Graham Greene, V.S.Pritchett, Nadine Gardiner, H.E.Bates, Ruth Prawer Jhabvala, John Updike, Olivia Manning, V.S.Naipaul, R.K.Narayan, Kingsley Amis, Bernard Malamud and Patrick White. : : Synopsis: This selection of 20th century literature begins in the period preceding World War I with short stories from such authors as H.G.Wells, M.R.James and Saki. It continues with work written up until the mid-1970s, by a range of authors including Dylan Thomas, Graham Greene and Kingsley Amis. The volumes have been divided into turn of the century literature to 1956, and literature written during the period 1956-1975. Represented in the latter selection are leading American writers whose work continues to be widely read in the UK, and also a number of Commonwealth authors.Comments: pristine as new- immediate dispatch -vols 1 & 2 in green cloth in green case - gilt lettering and decoration
. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 1104.
- Condition: New
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Oxford Library of Classic English Short Stories by Davin, Dan. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Oxford Library of Classic English Short Stories by Davin, Dan.
We have many other books in our Literature- Short Stories & Essays section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Literature- Short Stories & Essays category.