- Book Title: English Art 1870-1940. Oxford History of English Art
- Author: Dennis Farr
- ISBN: 0198172087
- Publisher: Oxford
- Year Published: 1978
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Oxford at the Clarendon Press, 1978: first edition signed by author, Dennis Farr: hardcover in dust jacket: approx. 6.25 x 9.5 inches tall: 405 pages including index plus 120 pages of black and white plates. Synopsis: A comprehensive survey of painting, sculpture, architecture, and the decorative arts from the second half of Victoria's reign up to the new technological age of the 1930s, with contents are arranged as follows: -- List of illustrations. Abbreviations. Part One: Painting and Sculpture 1870 -- 1900.1) Whistler and Art for Art's sake. 2) Impressionism, the New English Art Club, Sickert and Steer. 3) William Morris, Burne-Jones, and Symbolism; the Royal Academy, Genre and Portraiture. 4) Art Nouveau, Graphic Art, and Sculpture. Part Two: Architecture and the Decorative Arts 1870 -- 1920. 5) Norman Shaw, Voysey, and English Traditionalism. 6) The Innovators: Art Nouveau, Arts and Crafts. Part Three: Painting and Sculpture 1900 -- 1930. 7) Bloomsbury, Camden Town, and Vorticism. 8) Spencer, Paul Nash, and the New Generation. Part Four: Architecture and Design 1920 -- 1930. 9) Years of Transition: Art Deco, Design and Industry. Part Five: The Modern Movement in England. 10) Painting and Sculpture 1930 -- 1940. 11) Architecture and Design 1930 -- 1940. Part Six: Patronage and Collecting 1870 -- 1940. 12) Public and Private Commissions: The Nation's Collections, Dealers, Collectors, and Art Historians. Bibliography. Index. Condition: Price corner removed: overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as English Art 1870-1940. Oxford History of English Art by Dennis Farr. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for English Art 1870-1940. Oxford History of English Art by Dennis Farr.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.