- Book Title: The Oxford History of the British Empire: Volume II: The Eighteenth Century (Oxford History of the British Empire)
- Author: P. J. Marshall, Alaine Low
- ISBN: 0198205635
- Publisher: Oxford University Press,
- Year Published: ,1998
- Our Normal Price: £30.80 GBP ($39.73 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £24.02 GBP ($30.99 USD)
- Description: Oxford University Press, 1998 edition: black hardcover with gilt lettering and decoration to spine: dust jacket: 639 pages, including index, chronology, black and white figures, tables, and maps. Synopsis: A comprehensive study of the British Empire of the 18th Century , comprised of authoritative contributions from 24 historians; and influenced by recent scholarship and newly acquired releases from historical records. Contents:-Introduction by P. J. Marshall. British Diasporo: Emigration from Britain, 1680-1815 by James Hall. Inseparable Connections: Trade, Economy, Fiscal State, and the Expansion of Empire, 1688 t- 1815 by Patrick K. O'Brien . The Imperial Economy 1700 -1776 by Jacob M. Price. The Anointed, the Appointed, and the Elected: Governance of the British Empire, 1689 -1784 by Ian K. Steele. Religious Faith and Commercial Empire by Boyd Stanley Schlenther. Colonial Wars and Imperial Instability, 1688- 1793 by Bruce P. Lenman. Sea -power and Empire 1688-1793 by N A M Rodger. World Wide War and British Expansion, 1793-1815 by Michael Duffy . Empire and Identity from the Glorious Revolution to the American Revolution by Jack P Green. Knowledge and Empire by Richard Drayton. ' This Famous Island Set in a Virginian Sea ': Ireland in the British empire, 1690 -- 1801 by Thomas Bartlett. Grocer and Mastery British North America, 1690-1748 by Richard Johnston . The American Colonies in War and Revolution, 1748- 1783 by John Shy. Britain and the Revolutionary Crisis, 1763-1791 by Stephen Conway. Native Peoples of North America and the 18th-Century British Empire by Daniel K. Richter. British North America 1760-1815 by Peter Marshall. The Formation of Caribbean Plantation Society, 1689- 1748 by Richard B. Sheridan. The British West Indies In the Age of Abolition, 1748-1815 by Jane Ward. The British Empire and the Atlantic Slave Trade, 1660-1807 by David Richardson. The Black Experience in the British Empire, 1680- 1810 by Philip D Morgan. The British in Asia: Trade to Dominion, 1700- 1765 PJ Marshall. Indian Society and the Establishment of British Supremacy, 1765-1818 by Ranjat Kanta Ray. British India, 1765- 1813: The Metropolitan Context by H V Bowen. The Pacific: Exploration and Exploitation by Glyndwr Williams. Britain Without America - A Second Empire? By P. J. Marshall. Condition: upper corners pages 519-536 slightly creased: otherwise as new.
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Oxford History of the British Empire: Volume II: The Eighteenth Century (Oxford History of the British Empire) by P. J. Marshall, Alaine Low. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Oxford History of the British Empire: Volume II: The Eighteenth Century (Oxford History of the British Empire) by P. J. Marshall, Alaine Low.
We have many other books in our History -European & World . section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History -European & World . category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.