- Book Title: The Oxford History of the British Empire: Volume IV: The Twentieth Century (Oxford History of the British Empire)
- Author: Judith M. Brown, Wm. Roger Louis
- ISBN: 0198205643
- Publisher: Oxford University Press,
- Year Published: 20 December, 1999
- Our Normal Price: £38.50 GBP ($48.13 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £34.65 GBP ($43.31 USD)
- Description: Oxford University Press, 1999 first edition: black hardcover with gilt lettering and decoration to spine: dust jacket: 773 pages, including index, chronology, black and white figures, tables, and maps. Synopsis: A comprehensive study of the British Empire of the 20th Century , comprised of authoritative contributions from 29 historians , and influenced by recent scholarship and new releases from historical records. Contents:-introduction. The British Empire in the Edwardian Era by Ronald Hyam. A Third British Empire? The Dominion Idea in Imperial Politics by John Darwin. The Metropolitan Economics of Empire by D. K. Fieldhouse. The British Empire and the Great War, 1914 to 1918 by Robert Holland. Ireland and the Empire -- Commonwealth, 1900 to 1948 by Deirdre Mc Mahon. Migrants and Settlers by Stephen Constantine. Critics of Empire in Britain by Nicolas Owen. The Popular Culture of Empire in Britain by John M. McKenzie. Colonial Rule by John W. Cell. Bureaucracy and Trusteeship in the Colonial Empire by Robert Hyam. Deceptive Might: Imperial Defence and Security 1900 to 1968 by Anthony Clayton. The Second World War by Keith Jeffery. The Dissolution of the British Empire -W. Roger Louis. Imperialism and After: the Economy of the Empire on the Periphery by B. R. Tomlinson. Gender in the British Empire by Rosalind O'Hanlon. The British Empire and the Muslim World by Francis Robinson. India by Judith M. Brown. Ceylon by S. Ashton. Imperialism And Nationalism in South East Asia by A J Stockwell. Britain's Informal Empire in the Middle East by Glenn Balfour- Paul. West Africa by Toyin Falola and A D. Roberts. East Africa by John Lonsdale. Southern Africa by Shula Marks. Canada, the North Atlantic Triangle, and the Empire by David MacKenzie. The British Caribbean from Demobilisation to Constitutional Decolonisation by Howard Johnson. Latin America by Alan Knight. China by Jurgen Austen Osterhammel. Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands by W. D. McIntyre. Epilogue by Judith M. Brown. Condition: Very Clean and good/ As New.
- Condition: Collectable- Like New
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Oxford History of the British Empire: Volume IV: The Twentieth Century (Oxford History of the British Empire) by Judith M. Brown, Wm. Roger Louis. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Oxford History of the British Empire: Volume IV: The Twentieth Century (Oxford History of the British Empire) by Judith M. Brown, Wm. Roger Louis.
We have many other books in our History -European & World . section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History -European & World . category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.