- Book Title: The Oxford History of the British Empire: Volume III: The Nineteenth Century (Oxford History of the British Empire)
- Author: Wm Roger Louis, Andrew Porter, Alaine Low
- ISBN: 0198205651
- Publisher: Oxford University Press.
- Year Published: 25 November, 1999
- Our Normal Price: £38.50 GBP ($48.51 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £34.65 GBP ($43.66 USD)
- Description: Oxford University Press, 1999 first edition: black hardcover with gilt lettering and decoration to spine: dust jacket: 774 pages, including index, chronology, black and white figures, tables, and maps. Synopsis: A comprehensive study of the British Empire of the 19th Century , comprised of authoritative contributions from 29 historians; and influenced by recent scholarship and newly acquired releases from historical records. Contents: Introduction: Britain and the Empire in the 19th Century. by Andrew Porter. Economics and Empire: The Metropolitan Context by PJ Cain . Economics and Empire: The Periphery and the Imperial Economy by B R Tomlinson. British Migration and the Peopling of the Empire by Marjory Harper. Migration from Africa, Asia and the South Pacific by David Northrup. British Policy, Trade, and Informal Empire in the Mid 19th Century by Martin Lynn. Britain and Latin America by Alan Knight. Britain and China 1842 to 1914 by Jurgen Osterhammel. Imperial Institutions and the Government of Empire by Peter Burrows. Trusteeship, Antislavery, and Humanitarianism by Andrew Porter. Religion, Missionary Enthusiasm, and Empire, by Andrew Porter. British Expansion, Empire, and Technological Change by Robert Kubicek. Empire and Metropolitan Cultures by John Mackenzie. Scientific Exploration and Empire by Robert Stafford. Defence and Imperial Disunity by Peter Burrows. The Political Economy of Empire 1880 - 1914 by E H H Green. British Expansion and Role in South East Asia by A J Stockwell. India 1818 to 1860: the Two Faces of Colonialism. By D. A Washbrook. Imperial India 1858 to 1914 by Robin J Moore . The Evolution of Colonial Cultures: 19th Century Asia By Susan Bayly. The British West Indies by Gad Heuman. Ireland and The Empire by David Fitzpatrick. Canada from 1815 by Ged Martin. Australia and the Western Pacific by Donald Denoon and Marivic Wyndham. Southern Islands: New Zealand and Polynesia by Raewyn Dalziel. Southern Africa 1795 - 1910 by Christopher Saunders and Ian R Smith. Great Britain and The Partition of Africa 1870-1914 by Colin Newbury. The British Occupation of Egypt from 1882 by Afal Lutfi al-Sayyid - Marsot. Cultural Encounters: Britain and Africa in the 19th Century by T. C. McCaskie. Costs and benefits, Prosperity and Security 1870-1914 by Avner Offer. Condition: very clean and good overall/as new.
- Condition: Collectable- Like New
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Oxford History of the British Empire: Volume III: The Nineteenth Century (Oxford History of the British Empire) by Wm Roger Louis, Andrew Porter, Alaine Low. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Oxford History of the British Empire: Volume III: The Nineteenth Century (Oxford History of the British Empire) by Wm Roger Louis, Andrew Porter, Alaine Low.
We have many other books in our History -European & World . section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History -European & World . category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.