Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Travel & Geography / Adventure Exploration & Travel / Dictionary of 19th-century antiques and later objets d'art by George Savage
Sunday, September 26, 2021
- Book Title: Dictionary of 19th-century antiques and later objets d'art
- Author: George Savage
- ISBN: 0214202550
- Publisher: Barry Jenkins
- Year Published: 1978
- Our Normal Price: £24.20 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £21.78 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Barry Jenkins 1978: first edition hardcover in dust jacket: approximately 7 by 10 inches tall: 401 pages: black and white inset illustrations, full-colour plates. Synopsis: a reference dictionary of 19th-century and later antiques including the Regency, Victorian, Edwardian, Arts and Crafts, Art Nouveau, and Art Deco styles. Approximately 1500 alphabetically arranged, cross referenced entries include artists, craftsmen and manufacturers; exhibitions staged during the period including the Great Exhibition of London, 1851, and the Armoury Show of New York and Chicago 1913; pottery and porcelain; metalwork (bronzes, silver, spelter etc) with ancillary crafts; furniture; glass; miscellaneous techniques; styles and design; technical aspects of manufacture, including the influence of the machine. Appendix 1 presents tables of English, Irish and Scottish silver marks. Appendix 2, British Registry marks. Appendix 3, Art forgeries in the 19th century. The volume includes a bibliography, inset black and white illustrations throughout, colour and black and white plates (many full page). Condition very clean and good overall.
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Dictionary of 19th-century antiques and later objets d'art by George Savage. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Dictionary of 19th-century antiques and later objets d'art by George Savage.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.