- Book Title: Survive the Savage Sea
- Author: Dougal Robertson
- ISBN: 0236154613
- Publisher: Elek Books
- Year Published: 1973
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Elek Books 1973: first edition blue cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine : dust jacket: approximately 5.5 x 8.75 inches tall: 223 pages: coloured maps to endpapers: black and white line drawings, diagrams, and photographic illustrations. Synopsis: The autobiographical story of a Scottish ex-farmer and his family who, whilest sailing a 43 foot schooner in the Pacific in 1972, were attacked by a school of killer whales. The farmer and his five-man crew ( wife, 18-year-old son, 12-year-old twin boys, and student friend ) escaped in an inflatable rubber raft towed by a 9 foot fibreglass dinghy , to head for the coast of Costa Rica, 1000 miles and an estimated 50 days away. Equipped with only three days of emergency rations and no maps or instrument of any kind they endured 37 days of struggle against hunger, thirst, mountainous seas, marauding sharks, storms, calms, equatorial heat and other dangers, surviving against all odds until they were rescued by a Japanese fishing boat, 290 miles before the intended completion of their journey. Dougal Robertson details this story of survival, and complements it with line drawings, maps, diagrams and photographs. Condition: Price corner removed: overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Survive the Savage Sea by Dougal Robertson. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Survive the Savage Sea by Dougal Robertson.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.