- Book Title: Log of the Centurion
- Author: Leo Heaps
- ISBN: 024610581x
- Publisher: Book club/Granada
- Year Published: 1974
- Our Normal Price: £33.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £29.70 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Book Club Associates / Grenada Publishing Ltd, 1974: dark blue leatherette hardcover with silver decoration to front : gilt lettering to spine: approximately 7 x 10" tall: 270 pages: black and white illustrations, maps, drawings and facsimile documents: colour illustrations: ribbon book -marker: maps to endpapers. Synopsis The ship's log of the Centurion, Lord Anson's flagship during his world circumnavigation 1740- 44, based on the journals of Captain Philip Saumarez written during the voyage. This naval expedition, launched to harass Spanish vessels and seize treasure, met all expectations with the capture of the 1970 s equivalent of £50 million worth of booty. Samaurez's books, letters and documents- rediscovered in the Channel Islands during the early 20th century- furnished Leo Heaps with material for his account of daily events, hazards and attainments of the early circumnavigation. A comprehensive political and social background to the voyage is included in the text. Condition: very clean and good overal
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Log of the Centurion by Leo Heaps. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Log of the Centurion by Leo Heaps.
We have many other books in our History-Naval section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History-Naval category.