- Book Title: Staffordshire Porcelain
- Author: Geoffrey Godden, editor
- ISBN: 0246114940
- Publisher: Granada Publishing
- Year Published: 1983
- Our Normal Price: £121.00 GBP ($156.09 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £94.38 GBP ($121.75 USD)
- Description: Granada Publishing 1983, first edition: brown cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: approximately 25 x 5 x 31 cm tall: 593 pages: 730 black and white photographs: 24 pages of colour. Synopsis: A comprehensive history and scholarly guide to assessing, evaluating and appreciating Staffordshire porcelain compiled from contributions by a former Art Director of Minton's, Museum Curators and Directors, a former Editor of the Connoisseur, a Dealer in fine china, and dedicated collectors. Contents include the following: – Preface. Introduction. Chronology. 1, Social Conditions in General Styles by Reginald G Haggar.2, Porcelain Comes to the Potteries: the pre- 1760 period by Arnold R Mountford.3. The Baddeley- Littler Porcelains? c 1777 – c 1785 by Geoffrey Godden. 4. James Neal's Porcelains 7083 – 79 by Geoffrey Godden. 5. New Hall Porcelains (c 1781 – 1835) and Some Contemporary Manufacturers by David Holgate.6. The Turner Porcelains, c 1786 – c 1805 by David Holgate and Geoffrey Godden.7. Bone China, a general survey by Reginald G Haggar. 8. Spode Porcelains , c 1797 – 1833, and the Succeeding Firms by by Robert Copel.9. The Minton Porcelains, 1793 to the Present Day by Geoffrey Godden.10. The Davenport Porcelains, 1794 – 1887 by Terence A Lockett. 11. Miles Mason's Porcelains, c 1803 – 1813 and continued by his sons by Reginald G Haggart. 12. The Ridgeway Porcelains, 1808 – 1856 by Geoffrey Godden. 13. The Machin Porcelains, c 1809 – 1840 by Philip Miller. 14. Wedgwood Bone China of the First Period, 1812 – 1829 by John K des Fontaines. 15. The 'London' – shape Teawares by Philip Miller. 16. Charles Bourne, the Foley Potteries, Fenton, c 1870 – c 1830 by Geoffrey Godden. 17. The Hicks and Meigh Porcelains, c 1817 – 1835 by Geoffrey Godden. 18. The Hilditch Porcelains, c 1811 – 1867 by Philip Helm. 19. H and R Daniel of Stoke, c 1822 – 1846 by Geoffrey Godden. 20. John Yates and the Yates and May Porcelains c 1822 – 1843 by Geoffrey Godden.21. The Samuel Alcock Porcelains, C 1822 – 1859 by Dr Geoffrey and Mrs Alma Barnes. 22. Staffordshire Porcelain: the Main Developments after 1851 by Paul Atterbury. 23.Working and Living Conditions of the 19th-Century Porters in Staffordshire by Dr Francis Celoria. Appendix 1: The Staffordshire Potteries: the Separate Townships. Appendix 2: Checklist of Staffordshire Porcelain Manufacturers. Appendix 3: the Design Registration Systems. Appendix 4: Pattern Numbers as a Help to Identification. Appendix 5: Sources of Information – Bibliography. Appendix 6: A Problem Group of Porcelains. The Team of Special Contributors. Brief notes on: – The Gladstone Pottery Museum. The City Museum and Art Gallery, Stoke-On-Trent. The Northern Ceramic Society. The Godden Reference Collection. Acknowledgements and Index. Condition: Upper edge of dust jacket slightly rubbed: overall very clean and good. Please note: a large and very heavy book, shipping surcharge will apply.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Staffordshire Porcelain by Geoffrey Godden, editor. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Staffordshire Porcelain by Geoffrey Godden, editor.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.