Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Science & Mathematics / Physics & Mathematics / Puzzles, old and new. How to make and solve by Jerry Slocumb. Jack Botermans
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
- Book Title: Puzzles, old and new. How to make and solve
- Author: Jerry Slocumb. Jack Botermans
- ISBN: 0295965797
- Publisher: Plenary
- Year Published: 1990
- Our Normal Price: £30.80 GBP ($40.66 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £27.72 GBP ($36.59 USD)
- Description: Plenary publications: second paperback edition 1990: approximately 9 x 10.5 inches tall: 160 pages including 300 black and white and colour photographs and sketches.. Synopsis: a history, pictorial survey, and construction guide to mechanical puzzles. The puzzles described are arranged in the following 10 categories: -- 1, Put together puzzles (putting the object together is the puzzle)- including two and three-dimensional assembly puzzles. 2. Take apart puzzles (opening or taking the object apart is the puzzle) 3. Interlocking solid puzzles (disassembly and assembly is required to solve the puzzle) including -- figures, geometrical objects, 3-D jigsaw puzzles, burr puzzles, keychain puzzles 4. Disentanglement puzzles (the puzzle is to disentangle and re-entangled parts of the puzzle) including -- cast iron and sheet metal puzzles, wire puzzles, string puzzles. Sequential movement puzzles (the puzzle is to move parts of the object to a goal) including solitaire puzzles, counter puzzles, sliding block puzzles, rotating cube puzzles, maze and route puzzles. 6. Puzzle vessels (drinking or pouring a liquid, or filling the vessels without spilling is the puzzle). 7.Dexterity puzzles (manual dexterity is required to solve the puzzle). 8.Vanishing puzzles (the puzzle is to explain a vanishing or changing image).9. Impossible object puzzles (the puzzle is to discover how the object is made. 10. Folding puzzles (the puzzle is to achieve a specified goal by folding). The text is accompanied by coloured illustration, black and white and coloured diagrams, and includes solutions to the puzzles. Condition: very clean and good overall
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Puzzles, old and new. How to make and solve by Jerry Slocumb. Jack Botermans. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Puzzles, old and new. How to make and solve by Jerry Slocumb. Jack Botermans.
We have many other books in our Physics & Mathematics section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Physics & Mathematics category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.32 USD
in effect as of 2016-08-26