- Book Title: Painting at court (The Wrightsman lectures)
- Author: Michael Levey
- ISBN: 0297073494
- Publisher: Weidenfeld and Nicolson
- Year Published: 1971
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Weidenfeld and Nicolson 1971 : Grey cloth hardcover in decorative dust jacket : approx 8" x 10.75" tall: 224 pages: illustrated throughout in b/w with some colour.Synopsis: A descriptive, and well - illustrated survey of the various types of paintings fostered by rulers in six European Courts between the fourteenth and nineteenth centuries, with an emphasis on the development of the court froma Gothic mingling of the heavenly and earthly to the emergence of the monarch as a man and personality, and then an ideal prince , with and consequent rise in status of the court artist. This volume is based on lectures given by the author , Michael Levey, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York in 1968 in the annual series founded by Mr and Mrs Charles B. Wrightsman. . Condition: slight wear and small repair to dust jacket: unclipped: overall very clean and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Painting at court (The Wrightsman lectures) by Michael Levey. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Painting at court (The Wrightsman lectures) by Michael Levey.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.