- Book Title: The Salmon Rivers of Scotland
- Author: Derek Mills and Neal Graesser
- ISBN: 0304304921
- Publisher: Cosell
- Year Published: 1984
- Our Normal Price: £33.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £29.70 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Cassell 1984, second impression of the first edition: green cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: decorative dust jacket: approximately 16 x 22 cm tall: 339 pages including index: 30 black and white maps. Synopsis: A comprehensive study of the salmon waters of Scotland from the Borders to the Outer Hebrides covering each river from source to estuary and including every major salmon bearing tributary. Opening chapters on the life cycle of the salmon, salmon stocks, and salmon fishing, are followed by in-depth examination of the salmon- bearing river systems of Scotland , their natural characteristics, the best places and times to fish, variations of water and weather conditions, stocking, hatcheries, spawning beds, ownerships, availability of beats, good lies and pools, and the best methods of fishing given stretches. A detailed map of each major river system supports the text. Although written primarily for the salmon fishermen the information provided would also interest ecologists, conservationists, foresters, biologists and farmers. Condition: very clean and good overall.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Salmon Rivers of Scotland by Derek Mills and Neal Graesser. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Salmon Rivers of Scotland by Derek Mills and Neal Graesser.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.