- Book Title: Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volume V numbers1,2,3, 1977
- Author: Various authors
- ISBN: 03071243OPQ
- Publisher: Garden History Society
- Year Published: 1977
- Our Normal Price: £26.40 GBP ($33.79 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £20.59 GBP ($26.36 USD)
- Description: The Garden History Society 1977 ,volume V numbers 1 , 2, and 3. Ivory paper covers with pictorial fronts , list of contents to backs : approximately 20 x 25.5 cm tall: No 1 , Spring 1977, 68 pages, No 2 , Summer 1977. 50 pages, No 3, Winter 1977, 94 pages : black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams and plans. Synopsis: Voume V, 19 77 numbers 1, 2, and 3 of the Garden History Society Journal , a generously illustrated, scholarly publication founded in 1965 for those interested in Garden History, aimed at 'including garden and landscape design and their relation to architecture, art, literature, philosophy and society; plant introduction, propagation and taxonomy; estate and woodland planning and maintenance and other related subjects'. Contents-Number 1 : Editoria l. Recent activities of the society. Honours for Miss Alice Coats. Future activities. GHS slide collection. The Society's slide lecture services. Notes and queries. Book reviews. Articles as follows: – in Quest of Jane Austin's 'Mr Repton' by Mavis Batey . Humphrey Repton at Stoneleigh Abbey, Warwickshire by Edward Malins. The Japanese Garden, Tully, Kildare by John Colleran and Eileen McCracken. The Garden History Societies 10th Anniversary and some Historians of Garden History by William T Stearn. The Influence of Gertrude Jekyll on the Use of Roses in Gardens and Garden Design by Graham Thomas. 'We deliciously expense' or Gardens in doors. Membership of the society and subscriptions. Number 2 :- Editorial. Gay Hellyer. Recent and forthcoming activities .Garden history summer schools. Book reviews. Articles as follows: – the Gardens of Horatio and Pope's Twickenham: an Unnoticed Parallel by Maurice R Brownell. John Abercrombie by Alice M Coats. The Garden of Rubens House, Antwerp by Ann Kendal. Lorimer and the Garden Heritage of Scotland by Peter Savage. 'O Tinian! Oh Juan Fernandez! ' Rousseau's E lysée' and Anson's Desert Islands by Christopher Thacker. Victorian Horticulture: a Guide to the Literature by R G C Desmond. Sabbath- day, How to Be Employed by Gardeners. Back numbers of the journal. Membership of the society and subscriptions. Number3: – editorial. Future events: announcements and booking. Recent activities. A capability Brown Memorial. The monuments of Wentworth Woodhouse. Notes and queries. Book reviews. Articles are as follows: – Shaw House, Newbury by H Godwin Arnold. The Empress Josephine by Alice M Coats. Victorian Gardening Magazines by Ray Desmond. A Victorian Gardner: Edward Milner by Alison Hodges. Comments on Drawings of Italian Gardens by FM Piper by Geoffrey Jellicoe. On Historical Accuracy by Miles Hadfield. Back numbers of the Journal. Members of the Society and subscriptions Condition: clean and good overall
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volume V numbers1,2,3, 1977 by Various authors. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volume V numbers1,2,3, 1977 by Various authors.
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.