- Book Title: Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volumeIV, numbers 2 and 3, 1976
- Author: Various authors
- ISBN: 03071243RS
- Publisher: Garden History Society
- Year Published: 1976
- Our Normal Price: £16.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.85 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: The Garden History Society 1976 , volume I V numbers 2, and 3. orange paper covers with pictorial fronts , list of contents to backs : approximately 20 x 25.5 cm tall: No 2 , Summer 1976. 93 pages, No 3, Autumn 1976, 67 pages : black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams and plans. Synopsis: Voume 1V, 1976, numbers 2 and 3 of the Garden History Society Journal , a generously illustrated, scholarly publication founded in 1965 for those interested in Garden History, aimed at 'including garden and landscape design and their relation to architecture, art, literature, philosophy and society; plant introduction, propagation and taxonomy; estate and woodland planning and maintenance and other related subjects'. Contents-. Number 2 :- Editorial. Forthcoming events. Recent visits. Garden history and local studies: symposium. Surrey Gardens: symposium and exhibition. The Gazebo, Caversham Court, Reading, by H Godwin Arnold. Notes and queries. Index to garden literature. Register of current research. Book reviews. Articles are as follows: – Trees and Their Periods by Miles Hadfield. The gardeners at Schloss Warthausan by David Head. 17th-century Cedars by PJ Jarvis. Miller on Roses by Hazel Le Rougetel. James Justice (1698 – 1763): 18th-century Scots Horticulturalist and Botanist- IV by Priscilla I M Minay. Contents Number 3: – Editorial. Cornish gardens. Sanderson Miller: a study project. Notes and queries. Book reviews. Articles as follows: – the Honourable and Reverent Henry Compton, Lord Bishop of London by Alice M Coats. Turkey as a Source of Garden Plants by John H Harvey. On the Fragility of Roses by Marjorie M Jenkins. Medicines and Spices with Special References to Mediaeval Monastic Accounts by Nancy Jenkins. Bolingbroke's Chateaux of La Source by Kenneth Woodbridge. 200 years ago. Christmas cards. Membership of the society and subscriptions. Condition:, cover of number 2 slightly worn: clean and good overall.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volumeIV, numbers 2 and 3, 1976 by Various authors. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volumeIV, numbers 2 and 3, 1976 by Various authors.
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.