Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Hobbies & Leisure / Gardening- General / Garden History the Journal of the Garden Society volume 13 number 1 Spring 1985 by Various authors
Thursday, August 06, 2020
- Book Title: Garden History the Journal of the Garden Society volume 13 number 1 Spring 1985
- Author: Various authors
- ISBN: 03071243f
- Publisher: Garden History Society
- Year Published: 1985
- Our Normal Price: £11.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £9.90 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: The Garden History Society 1985, blue card cover with pictorial roundel to front cover: approximately 18.5 x 24.5 cm tall: 81 pages: black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams and plans. Synopsis: Issue Number 1 of volume 13, Spring 1985 of The Journal of the Garden History Society, a generously illustrated, scholarly publication founded in 1965 for those interested in Garden History, aimed at 'including garden and landscape design and their relation to architecture, art, literature, philosophy and society; plant introduction, propagation and taxonomy; estate and woodland planning and maintenance and other related subjects'. Contents: Charles Bridgeman at Blenheim ? By Francis Harris. Preparation Of a Landscape Garden: Charles Hamilton's Sowing of Grass at Painshill by Michael Symes . The Location of William Curtis's London Botanic Garden in Lambeth by Graham Gibberd . British Seats on Imperial Russian Tables by Peter Hayden. A Reconsideration of Repton's Contribution to the Improvements at Felbrigg , Norfolk, 1778 – 84. By John Phibbs. Mr and Mrs Harkness's Eolia ; Beatrix Farrand's Work within an Existing Plan by Alan Emmett. An Edwardian Kitchen Garden at St Fagan's Castle by Christine Stevens. A Few Guidelines for the Conservation of Old Kitchen Gardens by Susan Campbell. Book reviews. Condition: cover edges rubbed and with one small repair: overall clean and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Garden History the Journal of the Garden Society volume 13 number 1 Spring 1985 by Various authors. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Garden History the Journal of the Garden Society volume 13 number 1 Spring 1985 by Various authors.
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.