- Book Title: Garden History of the Journal of the Garden history Society volume 14 number 1 Spring 1986
- Author: Various authors
- ISBN: 03071243g
- Publisher: Garden History Society
- Year Published: 1986
- Our Normal Price: £11.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £9.90 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: The Garden History Society 1986, blue card cover with pictorial roundel to front cover: approximately 18.5 x 24.5 cm tall: 84 pages: black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams and plans. Synopsis: Issue Number 1 of volume 14, Spring 1986 of The Journal of the Garden History Society, a generously illustrated, scholarly publication founded in 1965 for those interested in Garden History, aimed at 'including garden and landscape design and their relation to architecture, art, literature, philosophy and society; plant introduction, propagation and taxonomy; estate and woodland planning and maintenance and other related subjects'. Contents: Medieval Gardens in Hull: Archaeological Evidence by F E Crackles. The Plant Collection of an 18th-Century Virtuoso by Elizabeth Hall. Philip Miller/John Bartram Botanical Exchange by Hazel le Rougetel. Philip Miller: a Portrait by Alan Paterson. The 'Chinese Garden' in Regency England by Patrick Connor. The Gardens at Wroxton Abbey, Oxfordshire by Paul Edwards. 'Rus In Urbe': Joseph Chamberlain's Gardens at Highbury, Moor Green, Birmingham, 1879 – 1914. Book reviews. Condition, cover slightly rubbed: overall very clean and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Garden History of the Journal of the Garden history Society volume 14 number 1 Spring 1986 by Various authors. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Garden History of the Journal of the Garden history Society volume 14 number 1 Spring 1986 by Various authors.
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.