- Book Title: Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volume viii numbers1 and 2 spring and summer 1980
- Author: Various authors
- ISBN: 03071243mn
- Publisher: Garden History Society
- Year Published: 1980
- Our Normal Price: £16.50 GBP ($21.29 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.85 GBP ($19.16 USD)
- Description: The Garden History Society 1980 ,volume VI11 numbers 1 and 2, pink paper covers with pictorial fronts , list of contents to backs : approximately 20 x 25.5 cm tall: No 1 , Spring 1980, 108 pages, No 2 , Summer 1980. 85 pages : black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams and plans. Synopsis: Voume VI11, 1980 numbers 1 and 2 of the Garden History Society Journal , a generously illustrated, scholarly publication founded in 1965 for those interested in Garden History, aimed at 'including garden and landscape design and their relation to architecture, art, literature, philosophy and society; plant introduction, propagation and taxonomy; estate and woodland planning and maintenance and other related subjects'. Contents-Number 1 : editorial. Summer meeting in Cambridge, July 1979. Forthcoming events. Book reviews. Articles as follows: - the Moon Garden, Drenagh, County Derry by Melita Denard. The Contribution of an 18th-Century Bookseller to Garden History (1) by Joan Edwards. The Cork Botanic Gardens by Eileen McCracken. Indian Influences on English Houses and Gardens at the Beginning of the 19th Century by Edward Malins. Pietro Aretino and the Small Roman Renaissance Pleasure Garden by Georgina Masson. Lord Burlington's Park and Gardens at Londesborough, Yorkshire by David Neave. Painshill Park in the 1760s by James Sambrook . A Summer House in Ruritania. Membership of the society and subscriptions. Number 2 :- Editorial. Recent events. Forthcoming events. Notes and queries. Book reviews. Obituary. Articles as follows: – The Contribution of an 18th-Century Bookseller to Garden History(11) by Joan Edwards. Joseph Spence of Byfleet(111) by R W King. John Claudius Loudon and the Birmingham Botanical and Horticultural Society's Gardens at Edgbaston 1831 – 45 by Phyllida Ballard. Mrs C W Earle (1838 – 1925) A Reappraisal of Her Work by Timothy Clark. Tailpiece to a Bad Summer. The Societies Publications. Membership of the Society and Subscriptions. Condition: clean and good overall
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volume viii numbers1 and 2 spring and summer 1980 by Various authors. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volume viii numbers1 and 2 spring and summer 1980 by Various authors.
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.