- Book Title: Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volumeVII, numbers 2 and 3 1979
- Author: Various authors
- ISBN: 03071243op
- Publisher: Garden History Society
- Year Published: 1979
- Our Normal Price: £17.60 GBP ($22.18 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £15.84 GBP ($19.96 USD)
- Description: The Garden History Society 1979 , volume V11 numbers 2, and 3. buff paper covers with pictorial fronts , list of contents to backs : approximately 20 x 25.5 cm tall: No 2 , Summer 1979. 106 pages, No 3, winter 1979, 67 pages : black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams and plans. Synopsis: Voume 1V, 1979, numbers 2 and 3 of the Garden History Society Journal , a generously illustrated, scholarly publication founded in 1965 for those interested in Garden History, aimed at 'including garden and landscape design and their relation to architecture, art, literature, philosophy and society; plant introduction, propagation and taxonomy; estate and woodland planning and maintenance and other related subjects'. Contents Number 2: – Editorial. Recent events. Coming events. Further notes. Book reviews. Articles as follows: – Irish Horticulturalists, 1, W H Crawford by T Crawford and E C Nelson. Spas and Pleasure Gardens of London from the 17th to the 19th centuries by James Stevens Curl. Early Rockeries and Alpine Plants by Richard Gorer and John H Harvey. Wooburn Farm in the 1760s by James Sambrook. The Chinese Alcove at Stourhead: a Contemporary Sneer by James Turner. ' See Weed Basket'. Membership of the Society and Subscriptions. Contents-. Number 3 :- Editorial.. Recent events. A survey of gardens and parks. Notes and queries. Book reviews. Articles as follows: – Galilei's Greenhouse,by Terry Friedman. Joseph Spence of Byfleet, part 11 by RW King. Early Chelsea/ Cambridge Association in Botany by Hazel le Rougetel. Irish Horticulturalists, 11, William Edward Gumbleton (1840 – 1987) , Connoisseur and Bibliophile by B D D Morley and E C Nelson. That Tomb Again. The Societies Publications. Membership of the Society and subscriptions. Condition: smallgreen ink stain lower long edge pages 59 – 68 and back cover of number 3 , otherwise very clean and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volumeVII, numbers 2 and 3 1979 by Various authors. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volumeVII, numbers 2 and 3 1979 by Various authors.
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.