- Book Title: The Book of the Thames
- Author: Alan Jenkins
- ISBN: 0333383037
- Publisher: Book Club/ Macmillan
- Year Published: 1983
- Our Normal Price: £24.20 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £21.78 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Book Club/ Macmillan: hard cover in dust jacket: approx 10" x 7.5" tall: 192 pages including index; b/w and good quality colour illustrations; maps to end papers.Synopsis: This comprehensive and practical guide book includes the history of the river on which England’s capital city stands . A celebration of the Thames includes detailed accounts of the derivation of place names, the archaeological and architectural heritage of the river, its literary associations, the ancient customs still practiced, its locks and lock keepers, the old bridges, and the wildlife on the banks. Chapters are entitled:- Poseiden to Tamesis; The infant Thames- the Source to Oxford. ; Upper Thames- Oxford to Redding ; Approaching London - Staines to Putney ; To the Sea – Putney to Gravesend; Meditation at the Rose Revived; index ; useful addresses. Photographs specially commissioned for this book, and taken by Derry Brabbs accompany the text. Condition: very clean and good overall .
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Book of the Thames by Alan Jenkins. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Book of the Thames by Alan Jenkins.
We have many other books in our Geography section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Geography category.