- Book Title: Without Trace: The Last Voyages of Eight Ships
- Author: Harris, John
- ISBN: 041346170X
- Publisher: Guild Publishing L
- Year Published: 1988
- Our Normal Price: £10.97 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £9.88 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Guild Publishing by arrangement with Methuen 1988: blue cloth hardcover with gilt lettering and decoration to spine: dust jacket: approximately 6.25 x 9.5" tall: maps to endpapers: 244 pages including index: black and white photographic illustration. Synopsis: The author investigates the seven mysterious happenings at sea, between 1847 and 1955. Examining events and suggesting possible solutions to each mystery . The missing vessels are: – Erebus and Terror (1847) two ships of Sir John Franklin's Arctic expedition, last seen parting from their escort ships. The Mary Celeste (1872): a barque manned by a regarded Captain and experienced crew abandoned in Mid Atlantic. The Battleship, Maine (1898), destroyed by an explosion in Havana Harbour. The Liner, Waratah (1909) disappeared en route from Durban to Cape Town, leaving no wreckage behind her. The Naval Collier Cyclops (1918) vanished between Barbados and Virginia during the First World War. The 70 ton Motor Vessel Joyita (1955) discovered waterlogged and abandoned near Fiji, hundreds of miles off course, with cargo and crew missing. The Tynemouth Electric (1969) winner apparent of the Round the World Yacht Race, found deserted and drifting. Condition: paper tanned: overall very clean, firm and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Without Trace: The Last Voyages of Eight Ships by Harris, John. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Without Trace: The Last Voyages of Eight Ships by Harris, John.
We have many other books in our Sailing and Ships section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Sailing and Ships category.