- Book Title: John Betjeman Letters volume 2 .1951 to 1984.
- Author: John Betjeman. Candida Lycett Green
- ISBN: 0413669408
- Publisher: Methuen
- Year Published: 1995
- Our Normal Price: £33.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £29.70 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Methuen, 1995 first edition: wine coloured cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: dust jacket: approximately 6.25 x 2x 9 inches tall: 616 pages: black and white photographic illustration: inset line drawings by John Betjeman. Synopsis: John Benjamin's letters written between 1951 and 1984, edited and introduced by his daughter. This second volume highlights his life from the age of 46 -the period of his popularity as poet, broadcaster and campaigner against the destruction of fine buildings. John Betjeman's intimate, warm and often humorous letters feature daily life, career, pleasures, fears and disappointments, and his friendships and concern for the feelings of others: he writes about poetry, architecture, and family matters; and his correspondents include John Piper, Osbert Lancaster, John Sparrow, Evelyn Waugh,Auberon Waugh, Philip Larkin, Kingsley Amis, Mary Wilson, his wife Penelope, his friend Elizabeth Cavendish, and members of his own family. Condition: dust jacket edges rubbed: page edging slightly foxed: overall good and collectable. Please note a heavy book- shipping surcharge will apply.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as John Betjeman Letters volume 2 .1951 to 1984. by John Betjeman. Candida Lycett Green. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for John Betjeman Letters volume 2 .1951 to 1984. by John Betjeman. Candida Lycett Green.
We have many other books in our Autobiography section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Autobiography category.