Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Social Sciences / Anthropology & Sociology / Male Violence by John Archer- editor
Friday, December 09, 2016
- Book Title: Male Violence
- Author: John Archer- editor
- ISBN: 041508962-X
- Publisher: Routledge
- Year Published: 1994
- Our Normal Price: £16.50 GBP ($20.79 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.85 GBP ($18.71 USD)
- Description: Routledge, 1994: card cover: approximately 15 x 3 x 24 cm tall: 414 pages including index. Synopsis: A collection of contributions from psychologists on the diverse aspects of male violence – in childhood, adulthood , on the street, in the home, towards men, women and children, and in sexual and nonsexual forms. Contents are as follows: – Introduction: Male Violence in Perspective by John Archer. Part One: Aggression in Childhood: – the Relationship between Playful and Aggressive Fighting in Children, Adolescents and Adults, by Michael J Bolton. Aggression and Dominance in the Social World of Boys, by Glenn Weisfeld. Bullying in Schools and the Issue of Sex Differences by Yvette Ahmad and Peter K Smith. Part Two: Inter- Male Violence: – Delinquent Gangs by Arnold P Goldstein.. Warrior Values: a Socio-Historical Survey by Barry McCarthy. Violence between Men by John Archer. Part Three: Violence Towards Women and Children. Putting Relationship Aggression in Its Place: Contextualising Some Recent Research by Robin Goodwin. Marital Violence: An Interactional Perspective by Neal Frude Sexual Violence against Women: Characteristics of Typical Perpetrators by Paul Pollard. Family Violence in a Social Context: Factors Relating to Male Abuse of Children by Bernice Andrews. Child Sexual Abuse by Kevin Browne. Part Four: Explanations and Theoretical Perspectives. Genetic and Hormonal Influences on Male Violence by Angela K Turner. Evolutionary Psychology of Male Violence by Martin Daly and Margo Wilson. Traditional Socialisation Theories of Violence: A Critical Examination by John P Hoffmann, Timothy O Ireland, Cathy Spatz Widom. Power and Male Violence by John Archer. Men and the Meaning of Violence by Ann Campbell and Stephen Muncer. Male Violence: Towards an Integration by Paul Gilbert. Name index and subject index included. Condition very clean and good overall.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Male Violence by John Archer- editor. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Male Violence by John Archer- editor.
We have many other books in our Anthropology & Sociology section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Anthropology & Sociology category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.26 USD
in effect as of 2016-12-09