- Book Title: Stephen Spender. A portrait with background
- Author: Hugh David
- ISBN: 0434175064
- Publisher: William Heinemann
- Year Published: 12 October, 1992
- Our Normal Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £17.82 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Heinemann 1992, first edition: hard cover in dust jacket : 308 pages: b/w photographic illustrations. Synopsis: The first full length study of Stephen Spender's life and work, drawn from published works of Spender and his contemporaries, and unpublished material from collections in England and America, in which the author, Hugh David, presents the poet in the context of the changing times through which he lived: the Edwardian childhood, Oxford University, life in the seedy thirties, the battlefields of the Spanish Civil war, pre-war London's literary salons, and the post-war world of international academia; revealing the influences of a turbulent private life on Spender's poetry. Condition: overall very clean and good with price corner intact
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Stephen Spender. A portrait with background by Hugh David. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Stephen Spender. A portrait with background by Hugh David.
We have many other books in our Biography section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Biography category.