Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Social Sciences / Anthropology & Sociology / World of the Forsytes by Fisher, John
Wednesday, April 08, 2020
- Book Title: World of the Forsytes
- Author: Fisher, John
- ISBN: 0436157047
- Publisher: Book Club Associates
- Year Published: 1976
- Our Normal Price: £11.55 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £10.40 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Book Club Associates 1976 : Hardcover in decorative dust jacket; 224 ages: b/w illustrations throughout with some full page colour plates. Synopsis; The historical and social fact behind John Galsworthy's famous fictional English upper-middle-class family, who featured in six novels and the BBC's outstandingly successful " Forsyte Saga; captivating Britain, Europe, Russia and the U. S. In this book John Fisher illuminates the Forsyte period from 1886 to 1926, presenting the historical facts of the era( the heyday of the British upper middle class), the standards of living and behaviour, the occupations and pursuit of leisure, the political beliefs and possessions. He examines Victorian and Edwardian fashion, furniture, architecture, habits of eating and drinking, convention, childhood, marital fidelity and divorce. Condition: clean and very good overall
- Condition: Used- Like New
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as World of the Forsytes by Fisher, John. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for World of the Forsytes by Fisher, John.
We have many other books in our Anthropology & Sociology section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Anthropology & Sociology category.