- Book Title: Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volume VI Numbers 1, 2, 3, 1978
- Author: Various authors
- ISBN: 05071243mno
- Publisher: Garden History Society
- Year Published: 1978
- Our Normal Price: £24.75 GBP ($32.18 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £19.31 GBP ($25.10 USD)
- Description: The Garden History Society 1978 ,volume VI parts 1, 2, and 3 , green paper covers with pictorial fronts , list of contents to back : approximately 20 x 25.5 cm tall: part 1 , 89 pages, part 2, 71 pages, part 3, 75 pages : black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams and plans. Synopsis: Voume VI, 1978 numbers 1, ( Spring ) 2 ( Summer) and 3, (Winter) of the Garden History Society Journal , a generously illustrated, scholarly publication founded in 1965 for those interested in Garden History, aimed at 'including garden and landscape design and their relation to architecture, art, literature, philosophy and society; plant introduction, propagation and taxonomy; estate and woodland planning and maintenance and other related subjects'. Contents- part 1 : editorial. Her Majesty's Silver Jubilee. Summer meeting in Nottingham. Coming events and notices. Notes and queries. Book reviews. Articles as follows: - Edward Cooke, Landscape Gardener, a Victorian par Excellence by Mavis Beattie. Gillyflower and Carnation by John H Harvey. Ilexes at Holkham by W O Hassall. William Robinson: A Portrait by Betty Massingham. Register of current research. Membership of the society and other subscriptions. Part two: - editorial. The society's activities. Book reviews. Articles as follows: -The Garden at Lotherton Hall by Nancy Boydell. A Repton Garden at Haileybury by R G C Desmond. An addendum to the article ' William Robertson a portrait ' by Mrs Betty Massingham by Ruth Duthie. Clumps by W O Hassall. Izmir, 250 Years Ago: a Famous Botanical Garden by Evelyn Lyle Kalcas. A Short Account of Several Gardens near London by T R Slater. Louis XIV's last Manière de Montrer les Jardin De Versailles by Christopher Thacker. Ralph Austen, an Oxford Horticulturalist of the 17th Century by James Turner Dr, Carvallo and the Absolute by Kenneth Woodbridge. Membership in the society and subscriptions. Part 3: – Obituaries. Tour to Gardens in Portugal. Coming events. Book reviews. Articles as follows: – The Supply of Plants in the North West by John H Harvey. Joseph Spence of Byfleet (part one) by RW King. 'To Protect and Promote the Science of Gardening': the Royal Horticultural Society of Ireland by E Charles Nelson. Gardening in Lucknow . Membership of the society and subscription. Condition: clean and good overall
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volume VI Numbers 1, 2, 3, 1978 by Various authors. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Garden History the Journal of the Garden History Society volume VI Numbers 1, 2, 3, 1978 by Various authors.
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.