- Book Title: The Backbenchers
- Author: Peter G Richards
- ISBN: 0571097529
- Publisher: Faber and Faber
- Year Published: 1972
- Our Normal Price: £20.90 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £18.81 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Faber and Faber, 1972, first edition: green cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: dust jacket: approximately 5.5 x 9 inches tall: 248 pages, including index. Synopsis: a study of the role and influence of backbench members of Parliament by PTG Richards, Prof of British government, University of Southampton. Subjects analysed and described, pertaining to backbenchers include their conditions of service, the framework of Parliamentary business, challenges to the executive by the whole house and by committees, non-government legislation, and the relationship between members , their constituencies and the public. Condition: dust jacket worn and repaired: author's inscription reading. Best Wishes Peter G to front endpaper: endpapers and dust jacket flaps foxed: Price Corner intact.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Backbenchers by Peter G Richards. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Backbenchers by Peter G Richards.
We have many other books in our History-British Political section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History-British Political category.