- Book Title: Antiques International
- Author: Peter Wilson editor
- ISBN: 0600301931
- Publisher: Hamlyn
- Year Published: 1973
- Our Normal Price: £44.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £39.60 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Hamlyn 1973: Red cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine in dust jacket: approximately 9.5 by 12.25 inches tall: 368 pages: 620 black and white and 32 pages of colour illustration. Synopsis: A collector's guide to International antiques edited by Peter Wilson, Chairman of Sotherbys, including the following articles:- Icons by D Talbot Rice. Buttons by Jane Ford Adams. Persian pottery by Roger Bluett. Prayer rugs by Lynn Thornton. Locks and keys by GCH Chubb. Bohemian glass by Lilli Gabor. Art Nouveau jewellery by Graham Hughes. Early American Paintings by Sabrina Longland. The first Empire style in furniture by Malcolm Burgess. Renaissance furniture by Ross Watson. Early American furniture by Ian McCullum. Later ormolu clock cases by Howard Ricketts. Book illustration: the Art of Arthur Rackham by Bertram Rota. The glass of the Emile Galle by Richie Dennis. Fans by Peter Thornton. Tobacco figures as shop signs by George Hartman. Small swords and military swords by A V Norman. The minor Pre-Raphaelites by Richard Ormond. The early piano 1780 -- 1850 by M. Colt. Duelling pistols by W. Keith Neal. Netsuke by WW Winkworth. English pictorial embroidery of the 17th century by Patricia Wardle. English enamels in the 18th century by Bernard Watney. Reed instruments by Edward O. Pogson. Bronzes by French Animalier sculptors of the 19th and 20th centuries by Andrew S Ciechanowiecki. Sundials: an introduction to scientific instruments by P. G. Coole. New Guinea sculpture by Anthony Forge. Chinese export porcelain by Michael Beurdeley. Ancient Peruvian gold by Adrian Digby. Early ballooning prints by Col R. L. Preston. Condition: dust jacket slightly tired with upper edge rubbed: price corner removed: extreme upper corner front free endpaper creased: overall clean, firm and good
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Antiques International by Peter Wilson editor. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Antiques International by Peter Wilson editor.
We have many other books in our Antiques & Collectables - General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antiques & Collectables - General category.