- Book Title: The Worlds Great Guns
- Author: Frederick Wilkinson
- ISBN: 0600385787
- Publisher: Spring Books
- Year Published: 1983
- Our Normal Price: £18.70 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £16.83 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Spring Books, 1983: decorative hardcover in matching dust jacket: approximately 9 x 12" tall:: decorative endpapers: 256 pages including index: black and white and colour illustrations throughout. Synopsis: a comprehensive history of the guns development from the crude weapons of the mediaeval battlefield to the sophisticated armoury of the 20th century. Contents include chapters as follows: – Introduction. How it all began. The revolution of the musket. The wheel -lock: the hunters weapon. Brown Bess. The long rifles. Duelling pistols. The genius of Samuel Colt. The era of the Winchester. Enfield and the modern rifle. Automatic pistols. Maxim and the machine gun. Bibliography. Index. Condition: Price corner removed: edge of dust jacket flaps sellotaped at centre to fixed endpapers:: overall very clean and good. Please note: a heavy book-shipping surcharge will apply to orders beyond the UK.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Worlds Great Guns by Frederick Wilkinson. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Worlds Great Guns by Frederick Wilkinson.
We have many other books in our History- Social & Commercial. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History- Social & Commercial. category.