- Book Title: Parcel Arrived Safely, Tied with String
- Author: Crawford, Michael
- ISBN: 0712684409
- Publisher: Century
- Year Published: August 1999
- Our Normal Price: £12.71 GBP ($16.01 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £11.43 GBP ($14.41 USD)
- Description: Amazon.co.uk Review: Michael Crawford is one of Britains best-loved entertainers, with roles as varied as the hapless accident-prone Frank Spencer in the 1970s sitcom Some Mothers Do Ave Em, and the menacing creature of the night in Andrew Lloyd Webbers 1980s smash-hit musical The Phantom of the Opera. Its hard to believe that the ever-youthful thespian has been in the profession for over 40 years, when a lead role in the school production led him swiftly to become a fully-fledged teenage actor. Parcel Arrived Safely: Tied With String (the unusual title refers to the telegram announcing his birth) is Crawfords warm, engaging autobiography, from the early years with his mother and grandmother (from the very beginning there didnt seem to be a time when I wasnt surrounded by women), to the hard slog of stage work and film acclaim in the 1960s with A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, How I Won The War, and The Jokers to name but a few.: : But it is three very different roles that made Crawfords name and for which he will be best remembered: the classic comedy of idiotic Frank Spencer, black beret set jauntily at an angle as he finds himself caught up in yet another hair-raising adventure (it comes as no surprise that Crawford, a true professional, did all his own stunts), the unicycling showman of Barnum (another gruelling physical schedule), and the masked misfit who just wants to be loved in the phenomenally successful stage version of The Phantom of the Opera, which revealed Crawfords tireless energy as a performer and showcased his powerful singing voice. Parcel Arrived Safely is an unselfconscious, generous memoir, full of hilarious anecdotes and starstruck encounters. It provides an excellent overview of growing up in post-war suburbia and of British comedy in the 1960s and 70s, and above all Crawford shows that his stability and focus come from the support of his late mother and grandmother, his ex-wife and their two daughters. My mother used to tell me I had St Vituss dance he writes, the truth is I was hyperactive, always running, always busy, taking things apart, putting them together; always imagining and inventing; endlessly competing, challenging, and questioning. What better way to describe Michael Crawford. --Catherine Taylor : : Synopsis: In his autobiography, Crawford recalls his childhood, his early years in showbusiness and the friendships it led to. Stage shows like The Phantom of the Opera and films such as Hello Dolly! are all remembered, and he offers plenty of professional and personal behind-the-scenes anecdotes.Comments: pristine- as new - immediate dispatch
. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 384.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Parcel Arrived Safely, Tied with String by Crawford, Michael. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Parcel Arrived Safely, Tied with String by Crawford, Michael.
We have many other books in our Autobiography section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Autobiography category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.