- Book Title: Curds and Whey
- Author: Susan Ogilvy
- ISBN: 0713419903
- Publisher: Batsford
- Year Published: 1979
- Our Normal Price: £14.85 GBP ($20.05 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £11.58 GBP ($15.64 USD)
- Description: Batsford 1979 first edition: hardcover in dust jacket: approximately 7.5 x 10 inches tall: 120 pages including index: black and white line drawings by Juliet Stanwell Smith. Synopsis: A comprehensive cookery book based on the whole range of basic milk products including milk, whey, double cream, yoghurt, and some cheeses; with precise direction, simple and economic processes, and more than 200 recipes ( including traditional English and Middle Eastern) presented by a professional freelance nutritionist,who worked for the Milk Marketing Board, the Ministry of Agriculture, and- whilst living in the Sudan- taught at the University of Khartoum. Contents include the following: -- The History of Milk in British cookery. Making your own dairy products (The structure of milk. Equipment and ingredients. Milk pasteurisation at home. Curds and whey and fresh milk cheese. Making other cheeses. Making yoghurt. Producing cream at home. Making butter. Buttermilk. Clarified butter). Soups. Sauces (Hot. Cold. Salad dressings. Butter sauces. Sauces for cakes and desserts) . Vegetables and salads. Fish and meat. Savoury cheese and egg dishes (Toasted cheese. Omelettes. Tarts and pies. Cheese in other ways). Hot puddings (Puddings. Tarts and pies. Pancakes. Fritters.) Cold desserts. (Custards. Creams. Fools and fruit creams. Snows, mousses and soufflés. Blancmanges. Flummery and frumenty . Syllable , trifles and junket.) Icecream. (Various flavours. Frozen mousses and iced soufflés. Bombes.) Bread and cakes. (Yeast cookery. Bread and cakes without yeast. Wafers. Cheesecakes.) Drinks. Appendix 1, Culinary notes. Appendix 2, Cookery writers. Bibliography. Index. Condition: ex-library with title and author inscribed in ink to front free endpaper, one small library stamp, and very clean and good overall
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Curds and Whey by Susan Ogilvy. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Curds and Whey by Susan Ogilvy.
We have many other books in our Cookery section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Cookery category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.