- Book Title: Giambologna
- Author: Charles Avery: principal photographs by David Finn
- ISBN: 0714880264
- Publisher: Phaidon . Christie's
- Year Published: 1987
- Our Normal Price: £97.35 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £87.62 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Phaidon . Christie's 1987: first edition black hardcover with gilt lettering to spine in dust jacket: inscribed to front end paper " To Dr and Mrs Jim Barry with best wishes from The Author 1987 ": Approx 9.5" x 12 " tall: 288 pages including index: black and white and monochrome photographic illustrations ( many full page) throughout , the principal photographs by David Finn. Synopsis: Charles Avery’s critical study of Giambologna was the first major spotlight on the sculptor to be published in any language for many years. This large volume is an all encompassing portrait of the greatest sculptor of the Age of Mannerism : whose distinctive and breathtaking style dominated the half century following the death of Michelangelo in 1564, before the emergence of Bernini. Doctor Charles Avery, recounts the details of the artist’s Flemish background , his career in Italy, the development of his style, his techniques and working methods , and surveys his entire output, with separate chapters on marble statuary ,bronze statuettes, devotional and narrative works, portraits and animal sculpture, fountains and equestrian monuments. A summary catalogue of all Giambologna’s known works concludes the book. The principal photographs were specially taken by David Finn, internationally recognized sculptural photographer: and the author, Doctor Charles Avery, formerly Deputy Keeper of the Department of Sculpture in the Victoria and Albert Museum became Director of the Department of European Sculpture at Christie’s London in 1979. Condition: Price corner removed: overall very clean and good/ almost as new
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Giambologna by Charles Avery: principal photographs by David Finn. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Giambologna by Charles Avery: principal photographs by David Finn.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.