- Book Title: Jane's Fighting Ships 1905-6
- Author: Fred T Jane
- ISBN: 0715349236
- Publisher: David and Charles
- Year Published: 1970
- Our Normal Price: £38.50 GBP ($51.98 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £30.03 GBP ($40.54 USD)
- Description: David and Charles, 1970: First of this re-printed edition: green cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: decorative dust jacket: approximately 12.25 x 8.5 inches tall: 452 pages: black and white illustrations and diagrams throughout. Synopsis: The eighth issue of Jane's Fighting Ships 1905 – 6 (first published by Sampson Low Marston in 1905), a David and Charles reprinted edition with inclusion of articles by combatants in the Russo-Japanese War, and a series of photographs showing the ships destroyed and the extent of damage suffered by others. A summary of naval actions during the war with notes on relevant strategy and tactics, and the revised rules of Jane's Naval War Games are included. Contents: – Part One (Preface. Notation of guns and armour. Scouting – signal directions. Technical terms in foreign languages. Alphabetical index. The Great Powers in order of strength in completed ships as follows: – First: British. Second: French. Third: United States. Fourth: German. Fifth: Japanese. Six: Russian (before 27 May). Seventh: Italian. Eighth: Austro-Hungarian. Coast Defence Navies (geographically arranged): – North Europe. South Europe. Asia South America. Minor Navies: – Belgium. Cambodia. Columbia. Costa Rica. Ecuador. Egypt. Hayti. Johore. Korea. Liberia. Mexico. Morocco. Paraguay. Persia. Peru. San Domingo. San Salvador. Sarawak . Uruguay. Venezuela. Zanzibar. Stations of ships. Subsidised merchant ships. Classification of ships of chief navies in rates of fighting value.) Part Two: (progress). (New construction. Reconstruction. Torpedo progress. A blockade battleship. The war from a Japanese standpoint. The war from a Russian standpoint. Summary and photographs of the war. Strategy and tactics. Gunnery progress. Warship engineering. Types of water- tube boilers.) Part three: (Revised rules of the Jane Naval Wargame. Silouette index of warships) Condition: dust jacket upper edge slightly rubbed: very clean and good overall.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Jane's Fighting Ships 1905-6 by Fred T Jane. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Jane's Fighting Ships 1905-6 by Fred T Jane.
We have many other books in our History-Naval section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History-Naval category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.