- Book Title: Lost Canals of England and Wales
- Author: Ronald Russell
- ISBN: 0715354175
- Publisher: David & Charles
- Year Published: 1971
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($29.26 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($26.33 USD)
- Description: David & Charles 1971, first edition: hard cover in dust jacket: 272 pages: black and white photographic illustrations and maps . Synopsis: A detailed description and investigation of every derelict canal in England and Wales, in a volume written by Ronald Russell which will interest canal enthusiasts, archaeologists and general readers. Fully illustrated with plates, maps and drawings. Contents.: -- list of illustrations. Introduction. The South and South East. ( Thames and Severn Canal. Wilts and Berks Canal. The Somerset coal Canal. The North Wilts Canal. Stroudwater navigation. Salisbury and Southhampton Canal. Andover Canal. Wey and Arun Junction Canal. Portsmouth andArundelCanal. Croydon canal. Thames and Medway Canal. Royal Military Canal.) The Southwest. (The Dorset and Somerset Canal. Gastonbury Canal. Westport Canal. Chard Canal. Grand Western Canal. Stover and Hackney canals. Torrington, or Rolle Canal. Tavistock canal. Tamar Manure navigation. Bude Canal. Liskeard and Looe Union Canal. St Columb Canal. ) The Border Counties and Wales. (Hereford and Gloucester Canal. Leominister Canal. Montgomeryshire Canal. Monmouthshire Canal. Glamorganshire Canal. Aberdare Canal. Neath Canal. Tennant Canal. Swansea Canal.. Kidwelly and Llanelli Canal. ) The West Midlands. (Birmingham Canal Navigations. Shropshire Canal. Donnington Wood Canal. Shewsbury Canal. Newport branch of the Shropshire Union Canal. Minor branches of the Shropshire Union Canal -- Whitchurch , Prees and Weston. Droitwich and Droitwich Junction canals. Coombe Hill Canal. Uttoxeter branch of the Caldon Canal. Newcastle- under -Lyme canals.) The East Midlands. (The Bucking ham branch of the Grand Union Canal. The Newport Pagnell Canal. Foxton Inclined Plane. Charnwood Forest branch. Oakham Canal. Grantham Canal. Nottingham Canal. Nutbrook Canal. Derby Canal. Cromford Canal. Chesterfield Canal,( Chesterfield to Worksop only.) ) The North West. ( Rochdale Canal. Manchester and Salford Junction Canal. Manchester, Bolton and Bury Canal. Huddersfield narrow Canal. Runcorn and Western Canal. St Helen's Canal, or Sankey Brook Navigation. Bradford Canal. Lanchester Canal Northern section. Ulverston Canal. Carlisle canal.) The North East. (Dearne and Dove Canal. Barnsley Canal. Pocklington Canal. Market Weighton Canal. Driffield Canal. Leven Canal. Ripon Canal. Yorkshire Fosse navigation .) The East. ( (Louth Canal. Horncastle Canal. Caistor Canal. Wisbech Canal. North Walsham and Dilham Canal.) Other abandoned and derelict canals. General bibliography .acknowledgements. Index.Condition: back of dust jacket slightly marked: overall very clean and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Lost Canals of England and Wales by Ronald Russell. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Lost Canals of England and Wales by Ronald Russell.
We have many other books in our Sailing and Ships section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Sailing and Ships category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.