Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Engineering & Technology / Railways & Railway Memorabilia / The Railway Heritage of Britain by Gordon Biddle O S Nock and others
Sunday, August 02, 2015
- Book Title: The Railway Heritage of Britain
- Author: Gordon Biddle O S Nock and others
- ISBN: 0718123557
- Publisher: Michael Joseph
- Year Published: 1983
- Our Price: £29.70 GBP ($46.33 USD)
- Description: Michael Joseph, 1983: first edition hardcover in dust jacket approximately 8.7 5 x 11.75 inches tall: 270 pages including index black and white photographic illustrations throughout: some colour plates. Synopsis: A comprehensive illustrated survey of 150 years of British railway architecture and engineering including outstanding landmarks and lesser known edifices constructed along the main and branch lines of the national networks. The work include stations, bridges, tunnels, viaducts, hotels, engine sheds, warehouses, water towers, and war memorials; and the subject matter covers the styles and constructions of the main companies building the railway network - their locomotives, rolling stock, platform signs, tickets and operating equipment. Biographical sections concerning Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Robert Stephenson, Sir William Tite, the Cubitts and other leading architects and engineers are included in a region by region history of British railway building. More than 750 illustrations from the 1830s to the 1980s including previously unpublished working drawings by Isabel Kingdom Brunel are included. The contents are arranged as follows: -- How to use this book. Introduction. Eastern region. Splendours and miseries of British Rail's architectural heritage. London Midland region. Scottish region. Southern region. Western region. Glossary of terms. Appendix: British Rail's listed buildings. Picture credits. Acknowledgements. Index. Condition: upper edge of dustjacket rubbed and with small repair: Price corner removed: faint foxing to foreword, half title and preceding pages: overall clean and good . PLEASE NOTE A HEAVY BOOK -A SURCHARGE WILL APPLY TO CUSTOMERS OUT SIDE THE U K
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Railway Heritage of Britain by Gordon Biddle O S Nock and others. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Railway Heritage of Britain by Gordon Biddle O S Nock and others.
We have many other books in our Railways & Railway Memorabilia section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Railways & Railway Memorabilia category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.56 USD
in effect as of 2015-07-31