- Book Title: The Commanding Sea
- Author: Clare Francis & Warren Tute
- ISBN: 0720713072
- Publisher: B B C & Pelham Books.
- Year Published: 1981
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: British Broadcasting Corporation and Pelham books, 1981, first edition: blue cloth hardcover with silver lettering to spine: dust jacket: approximately 9 x 11.5 inches tall: 280 pages, including index: black and white and colour illustration. Synopsis: A richly illustrated compilation of articles and personal experiences concerning the sea with contents listed under the following headings: – The Edge of the Unknown. The World Encompassed. Cargoes. Seapower. Harvest. The Last Resourc. Shetland (7 contributions) by Clare Francis. Columbus. Captain Cook. East India Company. War at Sea. Life at Sea. Seapower Today. Oil. Food from the Sea. Ecosystems.( 8 contributions) by Warren Tute. Marine Technology in the 15th Century. China and the Sea. Modern Cargoes. (3 contributions) by Basil Greenhill. Tides and Currents by Annie Hood. Myth and Legend by Francis Huxley. Seafaring in the Ancient Mediterranean by John Morrison. Water transport before 1400 by Sean McGrail. Inhabitants of the Pacific by Debbora Jones. Trade and the Trading Ship by Alan McGowan. The Institutions of the Sea by Alan Pearsall Development of the Warship by David Lyon. Oceanography by Margaret Deacon. Antarctica by, Anne Savours. Life in The Deep Sea by Peter J Herring. Fish Farming by Peter Hjul. Energy by David Ross. Condition: Price Corner intact: very clean, firm and good overall Six voyages of discovery 280 pages
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Commanding Sea by Clare Francis & Warren Tute. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Commanding Sea by Clare Francis & Warren Tute.
We have many other books in our Sailing and Ships section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Sailing and Ships category.