- Book Title: The Hosta Book
- Author: Paul Aden
- ISBN: 0747000069
- Publisher: Christopher Helm
- Year Published: 1988
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Christopher Helm 1988, first edition: brown hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: approximately 22 x 28 cm tall: 133 pages: colour illustrated through out including some full page. Synopsis: Practical advice on growing and enjoying the cultivation of hostas, written by ten international experts. The contents are as follows: Diversity of Hosta by John Elsley (formerly botanist at the Royal horticultural Society, Wisley Gardens; and curator of hardy plants at the Missouri Botanic Garden.) The Cultivation of Hosta by Paul Aden. (Compiler and editor, lecturer and consultant with radio and television appearances, and magazine articles) Hosta as Viewed by a Botanist by Dr Samuel B Jones Jr. ((Botanist at the University of Georgia). Hostas with Latinized Names by Paul Aden. Hosta Enjoyments and Cultivation in Japan by Yoshimichi Hirose. (Gardening author and writer, horticultural consultant). Flower Arranging with Hostas by Mabel Maria Herweg (Teacher of Flower Arranging at Arnold Arboretum, University of Rhode Island, Massachusetts). Small Hostas in Difficult Places by Harold Epstein (Lecturer, Editor, President Emeritus of American Rock Garden Society). A Woodland Setting for Hostas by Dr Lillian Eichelberger Cannon. (Knowledgeable gardener and extensively published medical researcher). Competitors in the Garden by Paul Aden. Successful Companion Plant Combinations by Andre Viette. (Author, lecturer, owner of a leading nursery with over 3000 varieties of herbaceous perennials). Landscape Concepts by Paul Aden. Colour Combinations by Graham Stuart Thomas ( Leading garden writer, Gardens Consultant to the National Trust, England). Variegation and Hybridizing Observations by Paul Aden. Recommendations for the Landscape by Paul Aden. Appendix: Retail Nursery Sources. Index. Condition: no dust jacket: overall very clean, firm and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Hosta Book by Paul Aden. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Hosta Book by Paul Aden.
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.