- Book Title: Mechanisms of Peptic Ulcer Healing (Falk Symposium)
- Author: F. Halter, A. Garner, G.N. Tytgat
- ISBN: 0792389557
- Publisher: Kluwer Academic Publis
- Year Published: 1990
- Our Normal Price: £55.00 GBP ($73.15 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £42.90 GBP ($57.06 USD)
- Description: Kluwer Academic Publishers: 1990: hard cover in dust jacket: 318 pages including index. Contents: The principles of wound healing ; The metabolism of intercellular matrix materials in the gastic mucosa of human and rat; The effect of age of embryo on the sensitivity of the chick choriaollantoic membrane to factors affecting angiogenesis ; Blood flow and ulceration : localising mechanisms and ischaemic pathogenesis: The role of the inflammatory response ; Actions of eicosanoids : Adaption to non steroidal anti inflammatory drug- induced gastroduodenal damage in humans : Studies of morphology, histology and mucosal blood flow ; The roll of dietary essential fatty acids and fish oils in gastroduodenal protection against injury ; Growth factors and the stomach : Gastrin: mucosal protection and ulcer healing ; Self organization of gastric mucosal cells in culture; Epidermal growth factors and polyamines in healing of stress induced gastric ulceration in rats ; Role of alkaline secretion in protection and repair; Regulation of intracellular ph; Nanomolar doses of prostaglandins after plasma volume and protect the rat gastric mucosa ; Intestinal repair after damage; Duodenial ulcerogens : effect of FGF on cysteamine -induced duodenal ulcer; Effects of ornopostil on the healing of acetic acid- induced gastric ulcers in rats ; The abscopal model of chronic duodenal ulcer ; Role of angiogenesis in healing of experimental gastric ulcer: Pathophysiology of peptic ulcer: role of acid in ulcerogenesis and healing ; Pepsin in the pathogenesis of peptic ulceration ; The role of gastroduodenal motor activity in peptic ulceration; Factors other than inhibition of acidity which are involved in ulcer healing ; Antisecretory verses protective drugs: Epidermal growth factor (EGF/URO) induces expression of regularity peptides in the damage to human gastrointestinal tissues ;Factors influencing peptic ulcer healing ; Healing characteristics : Comparison of gastric and duodenal ulcers ; Is the recurrence rate of peptic ulcer elevated when the treatment of the acute phase is too short ?; Acid secretory changes and early relapse following duodenal healing with sucralfate, ranitidine antacids or omeprazole; Helicobacter pylori and duodenal ulcer disease ; Peptic ulcer therapy in the twenty first century ; Present status of research and out look for the future: what did we accomplish?. Condition: ownership inscription: very clean and good overall
- Condition: Used- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Mechanisms of Peptic Ulcer Healing (Falk Symposium) by F. Halter, A. Garner, G.N. Tytgat. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Mechanisms of Peptic Ulcer Healing (Falk Symposium) by F. Halter, A. Garner, G.N. Tytgat.
We have many other books in our Health & Medicine section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Health & Medicine category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.