Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
History / History -Aviation / Wellington Mainstay of Bomber Command by Peter G Cooksley
Sunday, September 27, 2020
- Book Title: Wellington Mainstay of Bomber Command
- Author: Peter G Cooksley
- ISBN: 0850598516
- Publisher: Patrick Stephens
- Year Published: 1987
- Our Normal Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £17.82 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Patrick Stephens Ltd, 1987: first edition blue cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: decorative dust jacket: approximately 5 .5 x 8.75 inches tall: 176 pages including index: black and white photographic illustrations and map. Synopsis: A comprehensive biography of the Wellington Bomber (otherwise known as the Wimpy) in its various forms, compiled by Peter Cooksley from the recollections of Aircraftmen, Wing Commanders, Lieutenant-Generals and Mechanics involved in its flights; with memories spanning from the 1936 birth of Barnes Wallace's invention to the 1950s, and including bombing raids, aerial battles, ditchings in hostile terrains, near misses, tragic losses, post-war activities of famine relief flights and peacetime training exercises; and the all important tasks of maintenance and repair. Condition : upper corners and lower edge of hardcover spine bumped: overall very clean and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Wellington Mainstay of Bomber Command by Peter G Cooksley. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Wellington Mainstay of Bomber Command by Peter G Cooksley.
We have many other books in our History -Aviation section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History -Aviation category.