- Book Title: English furniture. 1760 -- 1900
- Author: Geoffrey Wills
- ISBN: 0851121756
- Publisher: Guinness Superlatives
- Year Published: 1979
- Our Normal Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £17.82 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Guinness Superlatives: 1979 hardcover in dust jacket: second impression of the 1969 first edition: 260 pages including index: Black and white and colour illustration, including some full-page plates. Synopsis: An examination of the development of English furniture against the social historical background of the past 400 years. The works of Thomas Chippendale, Ince, Mayhew, Manwaring, Thomas Johnson, George Hepplewhite; the influence of expatriate French craftsmen at the time of the French Revolution; the distinctive features of the English craftsmen in the classic Regency period; and the sharp contrast in styles of the Victorians are examined by the author, Geoffrey Wills, whose text is supported by 200 monochrome illustrations and 32 colour plates Condition: very clean and good overall
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as English furniture. 1760 -- 1900 by Geoffrey Wills. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for English furniture. 1760 -- 1900 by Geoffrey Wills.
We have many other books in our Antiques & Collectables - General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antiques & Collectables - General category.