- Book Title: East Anglian Reminiscences
- Author: Goodwyn, E A
- ISBN: 0851150683
- Publisher: Boydell P
- Year Published: October 26, 1976
- Our Normal Price: £15.59 GBP ($21.99 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.03 GBP ($19.79 USD)
- Description: Boydell Press, 1976: first edition in dust jacket: 114 pages:. Synopsis: A collection of East Anglian memoirs drawn from 18th and 19th Century books and newspapers with topics including travelling players, hunting parsons, preachers and reputed witches. Chosen for their literary quality , vividness and subject matter, the memoirs included are entitled- Strolling Players at Stowmarket by J. E. Bernard -Retrospections of the Stage (1830). Tight Laced Stays by Charlotte Elizabeth Browne- Personal Recollections (1841). Norwich in the Napoleonic Wars by Charlotte Elizabeth Browne -Personal Recollections (1841). Itinerant Preacher by the Rev J B B Clarke-The Life of Adam Clark (1833). A Yeomans Household by the Rev George Crabbe-The Life of George Crabbe (1835). Madam at the Hall by Lady Cranworth- the Eastern Counties Magazine (1900 -- 1902). A Norfolk Labourers Wife by Lady Cranworth- The Eastern Counties Magazine (1900 -- 1902). Childhood in the Hungry Fifties by George Edwards- Crow Scaring to Westminster (1922). Two Village Anecdotes by Matilda B Edwards-Reminiscences (1898 ). A Precocious Dramatist by Edward Fitzball-35 Years of a Dramatic Authors Life (1859). Edmund Kean in Norwich by Edward Fitzball . A Landlord Tenant Dispute by R Garnett-The Life of W. J. Fox (1910) . The Tithe Feast Anon- The Autobiography of a Suffolk Farm Labourer in the Suffolk Times and Mercury (1894). There Goes a Man by Richard Gooch- Memoirs (1844) Victorian Village Childhood by Bessie Harvey- Youthful Memories of a Horse Keepers Daughter (1875). A Hunting Parson Schoolmaster by J C Jeaffreson- A Book of Recollections (1894). A Farmers Brutality by the Rev A Jessop - Arcady, for Better, for Worse (1887) Winter in the Country by Colonel C. Loftus - My Life (1877). The Isolation of Watermans Family by the Rev Lubbock-Observations on the Fauna of Norfolk (1849) A Village Shopkeepers Sharp Practice by the Rev E. Neale - Leaves from a Freemasons Notebook (1846). Rural Life in Victorian Norfolk by Mary H Peat- Norfolk 75 years ago in the Eastern Daily Press (1935). Two Reputed Witches by Mary Pigott-The Recollections of Emma Pigott (1890). Ratting by Oliver Ready- Life and Sport on the Norfolk Broads in the Olden Days (1910). A Village Christmas Feast by Oliver Ready- Life and Sport on the Norfolk Broads in the Olden Days (1910). The Trials of the Dissenting Minister by W. P. Scargill- The Autobiography of the Dissenting Minister (1834) . Stagecoaches In the Late 18th Century by Senex- the Provincial Spectator (1821). A Call of the Drum by John Shipp- The Path of Glory (1829). Landed Gentry by the Rev A. M. Wilson-Friends of Yesterday (1903). Condition: price corner removed: overall very clean and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as East Anglian Reminiscences by Goodwyn, E A. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for East Anglian Reminiscences by Goodwyn, E A.
We have many other books in our History- Local section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History- Local category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.