- Book Title: Worcester porcelain. The Klepser Collection
- Author: Simon Spero
- ISBN: 0853314861
- Publisher: Lund Humphries
- Year Published: 1984
- Our Normal Price: £33.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £29.70 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Minneapolis Institute of Arts/Lund Humphries Publishers 1984, first edition: blue cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine and front: decorative dustjacket: approximately 8.75 x 10.5 inches tall: 224 pages including index: black and white and colour photographic illustrations. Synopsis: An illustrated catalogue of Worcester Porcelain collected between 1940 and 1965 by Kenneth Klepser. The 211 pieces, some of which were previously unrecorded, and all of which are illustrated in this volume, include a wide range of shapes and patterns produced at the Worcester factory between 1751 and 1776. The catalogue is divided into eight dated sections, each period preceded by any introductory text, and each entry accompanied by a full description and commentary. An appendix lists all recorded, dated pieces of first-period Worcester; and correspondence from Mr T. Leonard Crow, the Cotswold antique dealer who supplied approximately half the the collection to Kenneth Klepser is included. Contents: Acknowledgements. Foreword by Henry Sandon. Preface by Simon Spero. List of colour plates. The 1750 – 1755 period (numbers 1 – 36). The 1755 – 1765 period (numbers 37 – 63). The 1765 – 1776 period (numbers 64 – 90). The Overglaze Coloured Grounds (numbers 91 – 111) The Blue Grounds (numbers 112 – 146). Outside Decoration (numbers 147 – 169) . Pencilled and Transfer- printed Decoration (numbers 170 – 193). Underglaze Blue Decoration (numbers 194 – 211). Appendix A: Bristoll Marked Pieces. Appendix B: Problems in Dating Worcester Porcelain. Introduction to the Crow Letters. Edited Extracts from the Crow Letters . Selected bibliography. Glossary. General index. Index of patterns. Condition: small repair to dustjacket lower spine: very clean, firm and good overall. Please note: a heavy book- shipping surcharge will apply.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Worcester porcelain. The Klepser Collection by Simon Spero. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Worcester porcelain. The Klepser Collection by Simon Spero.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.