- Book Title: Memorials of Old Chelsea
- Author: Alfred Beaver
- ISBN: 0854097104
- Publisher: S R Publishers
- Year Published: 1971
- Our Normal Price: £36.85 GBP ($46.06 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £33.17 GBP ($41.46 USD)
- Description: S.R Publishers Ltd 1971 reprint of the first 1892 publication by Elliot Stock: red cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine : dust jacket: approximately 7 x 10 inches tall: 428 pages including index: black and white line drawings, many full-page. Synopsis:A detailed description and history of 19th-century Chelsea, when with a population of 74,000 people the borough was predominantly composed of artisans. The contents include a historical introduction, followed by sections including the following: -- The Old Church. The Lawrence House and Lawrence Street. The Porcelain Works. Church Street. Petyt School. The White Horse. The Black Lion. The Rectory. Sir Thomas More's House. The Clock House. Park Chapel. Gorges House. Stanley House. Cremorne House. The Danvers House. Lindsey House. The New Manor- House or Chelsea Place. Winchester House . Shrewsbury House. Cheyne Walk and Neighbourhood. Paradise Row. Ormond House. Gough House. Turret House. Durham House. The Swan. Chelsea Embankment. The Physic Garden. The Theological College. The Royal Military Hospital. Walpole House and the Infirmary. Ranelagh House and Garden .Ranelagh Chapel. That Chelsea Armed Association. Road. Little Chelsea and Fulham Road . St Luke's Church, Fulham Road. Chelsea Common. Hans Town. The Old Bun -House The Chelsea Waterworks. Kensal Town. The volume includes a supplement of corrections and additions, an appendix 1: Rectors of Chelsea, appendix 2: List of the inscriptions in Chelsea Old Church, appendix 3: Chelsea Charities, appendix 4: Bibliography, followed by a comprehensive index. Plans, maps, and numerous black and white drawings of buildings, landscape, and people support the text. Condition: upper edge of back dust jacket creased and with small repairs: ownership inscription dated 1975: small vod white sticker front end paper: small adhesive marks front and back free endpapers: hardcover and contents very clean: overall good, firm and collectable . PLEASE NOTE WILL CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE U K PLEASE E-MAIL FOR SHIPPING COSTS
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Memorials of Old Chelsea by Alfred Beaver. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Memorials of Old Chelsea by Alfred Beaver.
We have many other books in our History- Social & Commercial. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History- Social & Commercial. category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.