- Book Title: Images From the Floating World The Japanese Print
- Author: Richard Lane
- ISBN: 0890097615
- Publisher: Chartwell Books
- Year Published: 1978
- Our Normal Price: £49.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £44.55 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Chartwell Books, 1978: black cloth hardcover with silver lettering to spine: decorative dust jacket: approximately 25 x 3 x 28 cm tall: 364 pages including index: 900 drawings in black and white and colour, including some full page: black and white maps. Synopsis: A comprehensive history of Ukiyo-e, described in the forward as Japan's most popular art form. Richard Lane examines the development of the Japanese woodblock print - bust portraits, genre and Kabuki scenes, landscapes and erotica depicting Japanese life during the 16th to 19th centuries. Examining the lives of its masters, innovations in style and techniques, lesser-known followers and schools against a historical background, the volume, which includes an illustrated dictionary of Ukiyoe, is arranged in five parts as follows: – Part One: Early Genre Painting and the Rise of Ukiyo-e. Part Two: The Primitives and the First Century of Ukiyo-e, 1660 – 1765. Part Three: The Golden Age of the Colour Print, 1765 – 1810. Part Four: Hokusai, Hiroshige and the Japanese Landscape, 1810 – 1880. Part Five: Illustrated Dictionary of Ukiyo-e. Part Five includes tables of printed book sizes and list of signs, black and white maps, and an index to Ukiyo-e's artist's alternate names. Condition: very clean and good overall: Please Note: shipping surcharge will apply
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Images From the Floating World The Japanese Print by Richard Lane. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Images From the Floating World The Japanese Print by Richard Lane.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.