- Book Title: Eighteenth century English porcelain figures 1745 – 1795
- Author: Peter Bradshaw
- ISBN: 0902028839
- Publisher: Antique Collectors Club
- Year Published: 1981
- Our Normal Price: £44.00 GBP ($55.44 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £39.60 GBP ($49.90 USD)
- Description: Antique Collectors Club, 1981: black cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to front and spine: decorative dust jacket: approximately 8.25 x 11nches tall: decorative endpapers: 327 pages including index: illustrated in black and white and with 26 coloured plates. Synopsis: A comprehensive and in-depth study of English porcelain figures of the 18th century including the following contents: – Chapter 1: The Discovery and Development of Porcelain in the Orient and the Origins of the Ceramic Figure. Chapter 2: The Great Contribution Made by Meissen. Chapter 3: The French Influence on English Porcelain Modelling. Chapter 4: Other Art Forms That Influenced the English Porcelain Modellers. Chapter 5: The Discovery and Development of Soft Paste and Methods by Which English Models Were Constructed. Chapter 6: The Chelsea and Girl-in-a-Swing Manufacturers (part one – Historical survey and figures made prior to 1753. Part two – Chelsea figures made between 1752 and 1769. Part three – Girl-in-a-Swing figures 1749 – 1753) chapter 7: the Bow, or Stratford Langthorne, factory. Chapter 8: The Derby factories (Part one – historical survey and figures made prior to 1756. Part two – Derby figures, 1756 – 1795 with brief mention of the later models, 1796 – 1848. ) Chapter 9: The Longton Hall Factory. Chapter 10, The Plymouth and Bristol Factories of William Cookworthy and the Bristol Factory of Richard Champion. Chapter 11: Miscellaneous English Factories That Issued Porcelain Figures during the 18th Century. Chapter 12: The Decline of the English Porcelain Figure. Chapter 13: Reproductions, Fakes, Restoration and Collecting. Appendices A – T including marks on English porcelain figures. Bibliography. Condition: upper edge of dust jacket slightly rubbed: overall very clean and good. Please note a heavy book -shipping surcharge will apply.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Eighteenth century English porcelain figures 1745 – 1795 by Peter Bradshaw. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Eighteenth century English porcelain figures 1745 – 1795 by Peter Bradshaw.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.